Make your own Austria's most popular dessert, Apple Strudel with our NN-CD58JS Microwave. The combination of a golden filo pastry filled with a good seasoned apple filling makes this dessert simply irresistible. Complete this recipe with vanilla ice cream on the side.
Write a review
- 600gr Granny smiths apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 50gr Golden caster sugar
- 50gr Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50gr Sultanas
- 5ml Ground cinnamon
- 50gr Ground almonds
- 6 Sheets filo pastry
- 50gr Butter, melted
- Icing sugar to serve
- Preheat the oven on Convection 180°C with enamel tray.
- Put the apples and lemon juice into a bowl and toss together.
- Add the sugar, walnuts, sultanas, cinnamon and almonds and mix together.
- Take three sheets of filo pastry and brush with melted butter. Place each one with the shortest edge towards you. Overlap the 2nd sheet onto the 1st sheet by 5-6 cm along the long edge and repeat with the 3rd sheet overlapping the second.
- Place three more sheets of filo on top, in the same way as in step 4.
- Spread the apple filling along the front edge of the filo pastry just 2.5cm from the edge and 2.5cm from each side.
- Fold the sides in over the filling and brush with butter. Roll up from the long front edge buttering the final long edge to seal the strudel.
- Place on baking sheet, seam-side down. Brush with melted butter.
- Cook on Convection 180 °C for 30-35 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/