- 30 ml Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt to taste
- 120 g Butter
- 1 unit Cayenne Pepper/Hot Sauce optional
- Melt your butter in a small saucepan at high heat, making sure to swirl it constantly until the foaming stops.
- Slide that butter into a 1 cup liquid measuring cup.
- Placing the head of your hand blender at the bottom of the plastic cup, mix the egg yolk, water, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- While the hand blender is mixing the ingredients in the cup, slowly pour the hot butter into the cup. Keep that up until all the butter is gone.
- Season to taste with kosher salt, and if you’re feeling like you want that extra something, add cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- Serve it immediately.